Motivators..

Motivators..
The best training partners come with waggy tails

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Review, 2015 Goals

I can't believe tomorrow (now today) is the end of the year already. I went in search of a goals post from the end of last year or the beginning of this year, but it seems I didn't do one. This has been a great running year for me, and a pretty great riding year also. While I only got to one endurance ride in April, we still achieved some big things on our own. Whilst I have done every aspect of horse training from the very beginning to developing skills in maturity, Bugsy is the first horse that I have done *everything* with. It's been quite an experience, with no expense spared with regard to the blood, sweat, and tears (quite literally on all counts lol). From his first trail ride, with me only being on his back less than a mile (and having had me on his back maybe ten times), to a (mostly) responsive enjoyable horse that has taken me nearly twenty miles, and could have done an LD at the end of the year had circumstances allowed. I often find myself trying to compare him to Fuega, but they are such different horses it's like comparing apples to oranges. This definitely helps, and 18 months on I still miss my firecracker mare every day.

On another computer somewhere, I'm pretty sure I have my list of goals for the year. As far as my memory goes, the running related goals looked a little like this:
  • 5k at approx. 9:00min/mile pace
  • Complete an ultra
  • Complete a 50 miler
  • Run five miles continuously
  • Run a sub X? minute mile? (I forget what I set...)
I'm pretty chuffed to say that all of these have been accomplished. I ran one 5k at 8:55 pace, and another at 8:50 pace. I completed three ultramarathons - Salt Point 50kHeadlands 50 miles, and Woodside Ramble 50k. I ran eight continuous miles with no pausing at all (after already running six). I'm not certain that I set a mile time goal, but I did one test, and ran a 7:43. This year, I have run 950 miles, most of which have been in the second half of the year (~200 in December alone).

So next year? Goals that are relevant here include:
  • Run every day (Part of a run streak challenge)
  • Run 2,015 miles for 2015
  • Run <26:30 5k
  • Run a 100 mile race
  • Ride 750 miles with Bugsy
  • Complete Bugsy's first LD or endurance ride
  • (Reach goal weight - 130lbs)
Wishing everyone a wonderful new year. Make it what you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment