Motivators..

Motivators..
The best training partners come with waggy tails

Monday, January 5, 2015

Two Week Review

Welcome to 2015! I have big big plans this year, and with training mapped out to mid-April-ish, and vague ideas of where I'm going after that (but not tempting fate, so much could happen to change my direction).
Chilly start to the year, feeling much better than I did 5 miles ago...

Brrr
Things have been going really well, although today was a bit iffy. Once I was done, I realised that my pace had been on point, I had got my mileage, and was coming from a long run yesterday in Russian Gulch and had been to the gym this morning. I've just got into the habit of everything feeling, not easy, but easier.
Quiet 9 in the forest, after 5 with the FogDodgers
I also love that Saturday's are now Rocko's Running Day! He hasn't run with me for a long time, but it seems the turmeric paste he's on is really helping him. Since Saturday is rest day, therefore just two easy miles, he gets to come with me. This makes both of us very happy :)
Dec 21 - Dec 27 Review
Day             Plan   Actual   Elevation   Other
Sunday         14       14         571'      
Monday        7        7.1        1192'         Weights (1hr)
Tuesday        2         2            85'             Yoga (1hr)
Wednesday   7        7.2         554'          Weights (1hr)
Thursday      5        5.8         331'
Friday           7        7.2         292'          Weights (1hr)
Saturday       2        2.2         260'
Total            44      45.5       3285'


 Dec 28 - Jan 3 Review
Day             Plan   Actual   Elevation   Other
Sunday         21       21.1        2006'      
Monday        5         5.1          806'         Weights (1hr)
Tuesday        2          2            83'             Yoga (1hr)
Wednesday   7        7.3            ?'            Weights (1hr)
Thursday      5        5.6         1178'
Friday           7        6.8           ?'             Weights (1hr)
Saturday       2        2.4         262'
Total            49      50.3       4335'


Wednesday's run was measured with my phone, which gave up on me not quite half way out. I got to the trail head 20 minutes away and had no plans to go back for the forgotten watch. Conveniently there are mile markers along the way, and I checked at mile 3 to see how closely my phone and the markers were, and it was only off about a tenth, so was easy to finish my run and get accurate mileage, but no elevation. It's a level route though, so not missing anything too significant - maybe 350'. Same deal with Friday, although that was in town so no reason to not stop by my house and get my watch when I realised my phone was going to die before I was done. I was able to retrace my route on MapMyRun to find out how long the route was. 6.8 was a pretty close guesstimate I think. 
I think my favourite improvement is that I don't feel drained all the time. I'm getting stronger and adapting to 50 mile weeks plus my workouts, and running every day (currently on day 43). I don't feel the need to crawl into bed by nine every night, or take naps in the afternoon while on call. Though I'm scooting off to bed for my 5.15 wake up call. Time to make it a little harder, and add a core class to help my hips survive the extra distances. Good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment