Motivators..

Motivators..
The best training partners come with waggy tails

Monday, December 22, 2014

December Review Weeks 2 & 3

For some unknown reason, training since Woodside has been going extremely well. The run streak is still alive - tomorrow will be Day 30. I was a little slow moving on Monday, but otherwise felt pretty good. I did have some shoulder soreness, I think because my pack was heavier than I'm used to (no drop bags, so we had to carry everything we might need and I haven't learned to run light yet). Tuesday was even better, and a bonus that I didn't have my one and only desk sitting shift. Wednesday was back to a real run, and while a little sluggish, it went well. It wasn't an easy route either. Thursday was held up by downed trees, but even so was still nearly one of my fastest times for that route. My best run had to be Sunday's long run - 14 miles, of which the last eight I took no breaks at all. This is actually the longest I have ever run non stop, bonus that it was an okay pace. I also accidentally found a local running club, the FogDodgers. We happened to head out on the same trail at the same-ish time, so I joined them for a few miles, and hope to meet up with them again soon. This morning's run was somewhat disastrous, but not from a running perspective. Uncooperative running partners, downed trees, and not-crossable streams. My little creek that I was able to jump over a month ago? Not so much anymore!
From this:
To this!
We definitely need the water, just means we need a new route in Jackson to find a way around here.

Week Two Numbers:
Day               Plan        Actual       Elevation Gain         Route       Other
Sunday:          8               8.3            1184'                      Jackson   

Monday:         6              6.5             1620'                     GG/Osprey     Gym
Tuesday:         2              2.1              72'                        Town              Yoga
Wednesday:    4              4.2             199'                       Town               Gym (LtW)
Thursday:       4               4                 xx                        Treadmill
Friday:            2              2.1               73'                       Town                Gym (NoW)
Saturday:        2              1.1                xx                       A street in Redwood City in jeans :)
Total              28             28.3             3148'


Week Three Numbers:

Day               Plan        Actual       Elevation Gain         Route       Other
Sunday:          31              31            5227'                     Woodside Ramble 50k  

Monday:         2              2.1              282'                     Gravel pit     
Tuesday:         2              2.4              255'                     Gravel pit             Yoga
Wednesday:    6              6.1             1129'                     GG/Osprey          Gym (LtW)
Thursday:       4              4.2              228'                      JugHandle
Friday:            6              6.2             299'                       Bluffs trail             Gym
Saturday:        2              2.4             254'                      Gravel pit
Total              53            54.5          7674'


Also, we got the photos from the race :)
Mid conversation :/
 
Wheeee
My best jump? No. The best I could muster at mile 30? I'll take it!!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how anyone jumps AT ALL after 30 miles. you rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I just read a psot from someone who ran 205 miles in a 72 hour race, and jumped at the finish line - that's crazy! Good luck on your training and race :D

      Delete