Motivators..

Motivators..
The best training partners come with waggy tails

Monday, June 15, 2015

RdL Weeks 2 and 3

6/1/2015
Monday - Weight bar, and 1 rest day mile through the wildflowers to get to the ocean and along the bluffs.
Monday's trail
Tuesday - 5 miles with the FogDodgers. A new(/returning?) runner L joined us, and we picked up a slightly faster pace than the rest of the group. Russian Gulch was beautiful this morning. Sad stomach, maybe related to the delicious dairy-filled blended coffee I had yesterday?

And fail as far as tracking the rest of this week. Packing for and then being at Cooley Ranch rides (Wednesday - Monday) made a big dent in the running plan, primarily due to time available. I got at least my mile in, and a few more each of the two days that I rode since I got off and led my horse for a while. With so much going on during the weekend between volunteering, catching up with friends, and taking care of the horses belonging to our camp (mine and two friends) there really wasn't much time to run. Recovery this week has been slow; I have felt as fatigued as I might expect to from having ridden the race myself. I think maybe when I'm riding I am more conscious of the need to take care of myself and sip on water/keep an eye on my nutrition than when I'm volunteering. Definitely something to work on. On the plus side, the heat didn't seem to bother me as much, I was vastly improved on keeping my temperature in check and knowing when to get in the shade, dunk my head in a trough, and still get my activities done. 

Cooley Ranch
Friday - A whole 1.8 miles. Big time running going on here...

Saturday - 4.1 miles with S taking trail pictures for his website. Note to self: beer is not ideal to consume in quantities the night before a run. I will never learn! Also managed to fall on my arse trying to find a good spot to take a picture (that wasn't even a good spot lol).

Sunday - As I was pulling away from my house to meet the FogDodgers at Van Damme I got a call from a poorly coworker asking to cover her clients that day, with the first appointment at 9am. This meant I only had time to go back in the house to change and eat breakfast to get to work. I could have got a mile around the block in, and should have done, since that was all I did for the day. The problem being that I didn't do the mile until after 10pm with a full belly (again!). So goal for the rest of June: run before 8pm, and at least run before dinner, so I can actually run, rather than my pitiful shuffle.

No comments:

Post a Comment