Motivators..

Motivators..
The best training partners come with waggy tails

Monday, June 29, 2015

RdL Week 5

6/22/2015
Monday - 1 streak mile. Training plan starts today, but Mondays are rest days so I treated myself to a massage after work, and tried to make a chiropractic appointment. Bum hip is making itself known which usually means I need a pelvis adjustment. Ready to get started!

Tuesday - 8.4 miles. I set off early and ran out to Point Cabrillo light house before meeting others at 7 to run at Russian Gulch. Felt really strong despite a little stomach upset (poor breakfast choice), and even ran the entire hill on the way back (23 seconds slower than last time with a walk break in the middle). Technical difficulties at home meant that I had to call and ask to shower at the spa, and forgot to grab secondbreakfast so that was not ideal either.

Wednesday - 6.6 miles. I love running at JugHandle. It's beautiful, it's relatively safe, it's challenging enough to feel like you're trying. I felt good after yesterday's effort, and while pace wasn't fast, it was a typical easy pace for me. Surprisingly sweaty today, maybe from the conscious effort to hydrate recently? Wednesday is typically acupuncture day, and she pulled out the big guns for the PF in my right foot - Kidney 1. Most acupuncturists don't needle KD1 since many patients are freaked out by needles in the sole of the foot, and it hurts. It is incredibly effective though, so it's now part of my plan.




















Thursday - 9.4 miles. Early morning run at Van Damme, then back out for another lap alone (after fellow runners checked to be sure I knew how to react if the mountain lion made an appearance). Added in some strides on loop two, which felt easier the more I did. I glanced at my watch as I was slowing down on the last one and it was at 6:30. Now to master the art of glancing at my watch and still not falling AoverT at the peak. Feeling really good this week! (Just went back and looked at Strava - the graph says I was momentarily at 5:50 - wheeeee!)


 Friday - 4 miles. A later run than usual, so feeling pretty sluggish. Easy run on the haul road, and tried exploring the short trail around Lake Cleone. It's a shame it's such a mess back there, it could be a nice little trail, but I don't think I'll be heading back there. Nearly fell through the boardwalk several times. I fall enough under my own power! Nice foggy sunset though.
Saturday - 7.6 miles (with 2020' elevation gain). Ran with S this morning, made sure to not eat Jennyburgers or drink inappropriate quantities of beer. Half the elevation gain is in the first mile and a half. Excellent way to warm up cold legs.... not! I had told S that I would run as much hill as he did, but that plan backfired a whole four minutes in! Still made it to the top of the chute in 13:30, which is much faster than my previous time of 17:xx. No spectacular views because we were right in the cloud at the top, but a great run.

Sunday - 13.1 miles. Tried a chocolate coconut peanut butter packet as fuel (approx mile 8) but it felt like it was stuck in my chest. Maybe if I'd taken it slower, and with more water, it might have been better. Along the beach and around Mendocino via the Headlands trail, then back to meet up with the FogDodgers to run the Big River haul road. One day I'll remember my bug spray. Last five was a bit quick for me, but made for a great workout.

Total for week - 50 miles, and 4500'.

No comments:

Post a Comment