Motivators..

Motivators..
The best training partners come with waggy tails

Sunday, June 21, 2015

RdL Week 4


Rebuilt staircase, no more death trap rotten boards!
6/15/15
Monday - Early morning strength class, different from the one I usually go to and will be feeling it tomorrow! 4.4 trail miles at JugHandle, complete with jumper in a vague attempt at heat training. It was chilly and overcast, but still a temperature that I could comfortably wear a t-shirt for, so I figured by wearing a jumper I was easing myself into it :) They've reopened the first portion of the trail, so it was the usual route again complete with brand new staircase. Legs felt heavy to start with, but kept a slow steady pace the whole way, only pausing for a bunny picture and to pass people with dogs. A good start to the week!
JugHandle bunny
Tuesday - 5 miles. Woke up in the night with sharp pains in my shoulder, that I apparently hurt during class yesterday. It was still fairly painful when I got up to go to Russian Gulch with the FogDodgers, but I figured I would see how it goes, I could always turn around and walk back if it hurt too much. Thankfully getting the blood flowing must have been good for it, by the time I got back to the car it was feeling better. Now that I've been stopped a while it's stiffening up again, but I'm confident it's tweaked, not really injured. A few days rest should be good enough, and if I make it to acupuncture this week I'll ask her to help me out also. We had a great run this morning, and I even made it most of the way up the hill at the end (took a 20 second walk break in the middle). Thanks L for pushing me :) Also thanks R for doing so much trail clearing lately, it is very much appreciated.

Wednesday - 1 streak mile on the haul road on the way home from my ride.
Big River

Thursday - 11.1 miles in a two part run. Met FogDodgers at Van Damme at 7 and got 5.6 in there. I was planning on heading back out for a second loop by myself, but a heads up from R changed my plans. Apparently a mountain lion was seen up there this week, and while it shouldn't be a problem, why take the chance. I headed to Big River to finish up, got a mile in to my run, and remembered there has been a big bear seen a few miles up. Fantastic! It's a very open trail though, so I wasn't too concerned and had a great run.

Friday - 6.8 miles with S along the bluffs in town. Legs were heavy but okay after yesterday's long run, but the last two miles were really painful for my back. It hasn't bothered me on runs except the start of Tuesday, so maybe it was the combination of a long run and not finding a comfortable sleeping spot Thursday? It's still been sore this week (though not affected my running like it did this day) so trying to get a chiropractic appointment for next week.

Saturday - 1 streak mile. Nearly forgot to run, was about to go to bed and remembered.

Sunday - 4.6 miles with the FogDodgers, in a different location from our usual. Quite the up-and-down-y trail with some good hills that were gentle enough to run but long enough to be hard. We turned around at 29 minutes and were five minutes faster on the way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment