Motivators..

Motivators..
The best training partners come with waggy tails

Sunday, May 31, 2015

RdL Week 1

W/C 5.25.15
Monday - A belly full of cheese stuffed bison burger topped with bacon and more cheese with chilli on the side? Just 1.2 power walking miles to keep the streak (minimum one mile under 15:00 min/mile pace). Blech, not a good start. Gym was clsoed in observance of Memorial Day

Tuesday - 4.2 miles, first real run. I overslept to meet the FogDodgers, then had a double shift so didn't get to run until the evening. Since T was unavailable to join me in the woods, I ended up running the bluffs trail near my house. Not a bad run. Felt pretty good both in stomach and legs department.
A pond full of lilypads

Crossing the river
Wednesday - 5.1 miles (and weight bar class). A new-ish to me route. I've run this road twice as part of a local 5k/10k, but it's behind a huge gate. Today I found how to get down there without going through the gate :) It's not the best running surface, but there's some decent runnable hill practice (as opposed to a lot of hills I run that are both long and steep). It might be an old road, but it's very scenic.
Thursday - 4.4 miles. Woo-hoo got up early enough to go meet others at Van Damme this morning. Legs felt good, stomach didn't feel bad but let me know it was adjusting to being fed two big salads yesterday. Another damp grey day, it must be summer on the coast.

Friday - 1 dreadmill mile for rest day after weight bar.
Saturday - 6.6 miles with S. Tried to get an accurate measurement of this trail since I've not previously run it with my Suunto, but paused and forgot to restart, so not there yet. Didn't take any pictures, but S made a movie of our run, so I'll post that when I get it. Note to self, when running towards a camera set in the middle of the trail, try to remain somewhat upright and not too wobbly...

Sunday - 5.5 miles at Big River with the FogDodgers. Was planning for more but a slightly tweaky knee (think resulting from yesterday's point-to-point run having a net downhill) and the swarm of mosquitoes. I think my neon pink shirt might have been attracting them since they seemed to love me more than my running buddies. On the way back tried to catch up with the guy in front of me, and managed to hit <7:30m/m on the last stretch without feeling like my lungs were going to explode and my legs fall off. No pictures since my phone was dead :( Also tested my new compression sleeves, and really liked them. My bargain score of $32.00 sleeves discounted by $31.00, and they donate $1.00 to charity per sale :)
Total of 28 miles for the week, with 1800' elevation gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment