Motivators..

Motivators..
The best training partners come with waggy tails

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Beach Run

Today is a special anniversary! 365 days since I last had a cigarette! It's still hard, especially when we go out. But not even a little drunken drag. As well as the common difficulties like stressful events or drinking or being around smokers, odd things like watching a movie where people smoke a lot can trigger cravings for me. Since nobody now smokes in our house (the guys both have vaporizers) it's pretty easy to hide out until it passes. My huge running goals also help keep me focused. 
This morning I met up with the FogDodgers at Ward Avenue for an hour of coast running. I was umm-ing and aah-ing on my way there about whether or not to run on the sand or stick to the haul road. I opted for the sand, since the tide was low-ish and on its way out. There were some squishy spots, but mostly pretty good.
Gorgeous morning :)
This morning I ran with M and K, who very kindly indulged my jumping picture habit. What else do you do on the beach? Bonus plyo workout for me jumping over and over to be sure we got some good shots, which we did. Thank you, ladies :)
M also works as a trainer and physical therapist, and we were chatting about various form issues, and she offered to give me some tidbits to help with my myriad of concerns after Ordnance. It's too close to the race to change anything up now. 

We didn't quite hit the 5 I wanted this morning, so I set off down the haul road to get my last mile in. My plan called for 24 today and 5 tomorrow, but I have a long day at work and it wasn't going to be possible to fit in the long run, whereas tomorrow I'm off, so it made sense to switch things up. If anybody local (or just visiting the area) wanted to tag along with the FogDodgers, there's a website with the info on where you'll find them each week here! They mentioned it would be great to have more runners come along, although walkers are more than welcome also.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the FogDodgers plug, Cyd. Your jumping photos came out great! As did the beach photos.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete