Motivators..

Motivators..
The best training partners come with waggy tails

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Suunto Movies

I just found a fun new part of the Movescount app on my phone. Movescount is the site that processes information from my Ambit2. I have it set to automatically transfer to Strava. Movescount is good, but I prefer Strava :) I've barely looked at the app on my phone, since I plug the watch into my computer. It took me a while to figure out how to be able to share it on the blog, but I just discovered that the app will make movies of our runs. Here's yesterday's seven miler with T:

That hill at the start is a lot steeper than it looks on the video - my calves promise you! Pretty good views up there though.
I had a second test of my new-to-me pack (freebie!), and it was a lot more comfortable this time. Still not my favourite, but will be useful. I think it's designed with someone a little bigger in mind, and I may modify it a little to fit better.
2 x 10oz bottles, and a velcro fastening
It was a beautiful morning on the trails, and the views on the usual trail would have been amazing, but we didn't want to deal with the pampas grass. Planning on heading up to clear it a bit one day we have some extra time, so we don't slice ourselves, and can actually run through there. The alternative trail was still fun!
We added a little speed work at the end, and I managed to get down to around a 7:10 m/m, and even hit 6:20m/m for a very brief moment. Very speedy for me.
Saturday's are rest days, so just two easy miles. Since I have some extra time I've been heading to an easy local trail with Rocko. It's so much fun running with him. T came along this morning also, and snapped a few pictures of us. The trail with the big trees turned out to be a dead end, but it was fun exploring, and RtD enjoyed being an adventure dog with us!





No comments:

Post a Comment