Motivators..

Motivators..
The best training partners come with waggy tails

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Diet!

Without wanting to be whiny - I am exhausted. Yes, I've been very busy. Yes, this is the hardest I've trained before. I'm still way more tired than I should be. I was talking to a gym-classmate this morning that I'm tired, and mentioned that I didn't think I was eating the right food, that I was eating enough at all, and I'm dehydrated. I've noticed a common trend in that I need to vocalize something for it to click in my head. As I was saying these things, I realised, of course if I'm not fueling myself properly, I'm not going to feel my best. This has happened before where I feel run down and sleepy and brain-fogged, look to my diet, have I been eating clean, drinking my water, making my juices and smoothies? Probably not. Combine that with finishing the hardest four weeks of training I've given myself, plus being busy at work, and finally back to riding. No wonder I just to laze around with Rocko and take naps. This has happened in the past where I feel like I'm crashing and realise my food choices are sub-par. It's also the first thing I recommend others look at when they mention these issues, so why do I keep forgetting it for myself? So my biggest focus in my taper is going to be fixing my nutrition to help my body recover and re-build for my longest ever race, and afterwards in recovery and cycling back up into the higher mileage ready for when I really need to be on top of my game. I'm like a little kid when it comes to eating my veggies, so hiding them in soups and smoothies is a good go-to for me, but any delicious veggie-dense recipes will be gladly tried! Delicious home made broccoli soup for dinner tonight :)
Beautiful morning for 16 in Russian Gulch

No comments:

Post a Comment