Motivators..

Motivators..
The best training partners come with waggy tails

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Turkey Trot

Happy Thanksgiving! This still doesn't feel like a holiday to me, and I always get very confused with half my newsfeed eating turkey and the other half oblivious. This year was the inaugural Fort Bragg Turkey Trot, and J said I could go run if I would be back ready to leave by 10:00 am. With a 9:00 am start (actually a bit after) it was going to be tight, then it turned out there was far too much going on for me to leave without running over multiple runners and spectators. Oh well. A and A from work were running their first 5k, and T her second. The race was along the haul road next to the ocean, from the other side than the Whale Run and Salmons races. We also had a photographer - Thank you! All four of us set PRs today, before appropriately stuffing our faces at our various dinners. (I don't recommend trying to run fast, sitting in a mini for 2.5 hours, eating plenty of food, and back in the car for 2.5 hours.) Also smashed my phone :( As of tomorrow is more sugar detoxing (exceptions include the yoghurts and kefir I already have, and tailwind and nut butter on long runs). Aiming for at least ten days, longer if I can! Lots of pictures below :)
Pre-race selfie
And we're off..
Both in Altra Superior 1.5s!
Sprint finish
On my way to a PR
Go T GO!!!
She PR'd by a whole 2 mins! Impressive!!!
There were t-shirts left over :)
A&A finishing their first 5k, great jobs guys :)
A's hubby winning the 10k - congrats

No comments:

Post a Comment