Motivators..

Motivators..
The best training partners come with waggy tails

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Success!

I Did It!! 61.1 miles on my own two feet in one (very long) day at the Ordnance 100k! I certainly had some issues that I'll cover when I can write a report, but it was a mostly fun day. The course was good, excellent markings, and amazing volunteers. Huge thanks also to the guys who helped me out at the end and made me realise I had some left in the tank. I discovered I could block out the pain and push through to finish in 15:50. I earned myself some cool gear and 3rd place in my age group for the effort. Also earned three extra toes in the form of huge blisters, but most of my skin was safe from the dreaded chafing (spot on my back from my bra strap, which two wonderful volunteers cleaned, lotioned, and taped for me). I'm pretty sore today, but nothing like I anticipated. Once I've been up for five minutes I can walk normally - sitting too long does have me stiffen up. I even got a two mile shuffle on the Golden Gate Bridge this afternoon to make Day 70 of my run streak :)

No comments:

Post a Comment