Motivators..

Motivators..
The best training partners come with waggy tails

Friday, February 6, 2015

Recovery Week

So we're a week out from Ordnance 100k and the only lingering physical reminder? My stupid foot from my stupid shoelace! Lesson learned, fix the shoes immediately. I really didn't think that the less than three miles to go until the AS would make that much difference, but my left foot is crying out otherwise. However, it's just a dull ache mostly, doesn't affect my gait, and doesn't hurt when I run. The streak is still alive - today was Day 75, with a total of  481.5 miles. The first three days I just did two milers, Sunday's being a speed-walk-shuffle type thing (I actually think slowly running would have felt better but silly Princess couldn't possibly run). And as I mentioned before, twice I stopped in car parks to foam roll my achy legs out so I was comfortable driving.
Classy
Yup, that's an owie

Monday I had to work a double at the spa; I was so glad of the new standing desk and tall chair so I could alternate as I wanted. As long as I wasn't sitting too long, I felt just fine. That evening's route turned out to be a little longer than I thought at 2.6 miles, but I felt really good and cruised right along. Tuesday was the best day, as my very favourite running buddy got to come with me:
Rocko T Dog - King of the trail!
<3
I've missed running at Jughandle lately, and decided it would be a perfect trail for an easy five. Of course after all my bragging that I ran multiple hours in the dark without falling last week, I ate dirt before I even hit the turnaround. I even looked at the damn root and told myself to pick my feet up. So of course this happened:
Trail kisser
Staircase trail
Jughandle beach

It was a fun, if overcast, adventure, and nice that the park have cleared the fallen trees. Right in time for the current storm, but oh well. Obstacles are cross training right?

The rain held off long enough for our group run on Thursday. The early starts aren't easy, but I'm not sure I would have gone out by myself, especially with the iffy weather. My favourite thing about the runs here is setting out in the near dark and finishing up by the ocean. This week it was still kinda dark when we were done with the incoming storm.
Van Damme beach
The storm was too bad today to risk the trails. Five miles on the dreadmill hurt my brain (doubly so since I was watching Dog the Bounty Hunter muted with subtitles). While one could argue that races are rarely cancelled for this kind of weather, I counter that with I can't get to the races if I die from falling trees during training. As always, in the back of my mind is the possibility of being eaten. Wildlife can be very displaced in this weather. Don't laugh at me. I'm snack sized!

No comments:

Post a Comment