Motivators..

Motivators..
The best training partners come with waggy tails

Monday, October 13, 2014

Mile Test!

So after setting it as a monthly goal early on this year (I think it was a February one), we finally found a track that wasn't locked up and went to see how fast we could run a mile.
Strange to be going for a run with so little gear! With good luck wishes from J and kisses from Rocko TD we were ready 
We jogged around to warm up and measure the track since Mendocino is in it's own happy little world. First was T's turn and I would run with her and measure with my watch. She did great. I failed. I ran two laps, sat out the third, and then as I jumped back in for the last lap I realised that by not running #3 I had totally messed up her timing. Bad bad friend. So we need to go back again and properly time her. The fog was starting to come in - pros and cons to an oceanside track. By the time she'd sat and waited around for me , she was cold and stiffening up.
For my mile, I measured myself with my watch and T sat at the line to measure with my phone. Even after going to the gym this morning, my legs felt great. My lungs are a huge problem - I really had nothing more to give at the end, no breath left at all. But I smashed my goal of under 8:00!
Love how close laps one and four are. I think this is a good starting off point to work on speed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment