Motivators..

Motivators..
The best training partners come with waggy tails

Friday, July 18, 2014

Yay Computer!

So hopefully with a computer I can get back to regular blogging. It definitely helps me with processing and reviewing how training is going to be able to write it all out. I've not really been using my training plan other than as a general guide. Mileage is lower than I'd like, but I've been hunting out some decent hills (I was pretty pleased with 3500' climb on a 12 mile run). I've also been religiously working hard at the gym three times a week and am definitely noticing an improvement in my runs from that. I also think the strength work has been the main contributor to the weight loss. Nearly 20lbs down this year, and almost half that has been in the last two months. I don't believe in being tied to the scale, since I'll take strong, fit, and healthy over being skinny any day, but I'm not at my optimal running and riding weight. Especially as we get closer to my baby pony trying his hoof at being an endurance pony, I want to help him all I can. (Plus I'm going to Hawaii in October and my legs may be strong but the upper body is still too flabby for my liking!)

For those who like to run with music - I downloaded a free app called Rock My Run, and love it. I prefer to train without music as many races don't let you have earphones. However, I stop for every squirrel scuttling up a tree because, you know, it's probably a mountain lion. Not helped by the giant bear sharing the trail last week, and another mountain lion encounter a while before that. You'd think that this would help me grasp the concept that they really don't want to eat me, but I'm jumpy as ever. I actually ran with a 3' stick and pepper spray :/ So by having some background music, I'll hear the big things chasing after me but not the little twigs falling! I love the Aftershokz headphones. I didn't have to mess with them once during my hot sweaty 3+ hour run last week.Worthy investment!



4 comments:

  1. :rubs hands together: yesssss my plan to convert everybody to Aftershokz is coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's working excellently, I'm so glad you found them so I could steal the idea! (And passing it on to more people like a good minion :D)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm very lucky to live where I do...

      Delete