Motivators..

Motivators..
The best training partners come with waggy tails

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Bye 2015

Happy New Year! A quick round up of what happened this year before I figure out how we're ringing in 2016!
Ordnance 100k, Jan '15. Photo by Jesse Ellis
Goals relevant to this blog set for 2015:
  • Run every day (Part of a run streak challenge)
  • Run <26:30 5k
  • Run a 100 mile race
  • Run 2,015 miles for 2015
  • Ride 750 miles with Bugsy
  • Complete Bugsy's first LD or endurance ride
Lake Natoma 50k, photo credit: stranger at the finish line :)

So how did we do? 
  • I am about to set out for my final mile of 2015, which will also be the 365th day I've run this year! It's also the official end of the run streak, at least a mile every day since November 24th, 2014. 403 days. Since I always run on New Years Day, then we have Saturday trail run, then Sunday group run, so I guess it will be 406 days streaking.  
  • PR'd the 5k at 24:37, so definitely smashed that goal! I also PR'd the 50k distance by more than half hour, and set two distance PRs.
  • Completed Zion 100 within the allowed time
  • Missed 2015 miles by quite a long way. I think I'll be finishing out the year with about 1600 miles. Well over 2015km though :)
  • Bugsy and I just missed the 700 mile mark this year. Close, and we had some great rides.
  • Bugsy completed both the Humboldt State Redwoods 35 mile ride, and the Cuneo Creek 50 mile ride. Huge success!
HRSP 35 - photo credit Elicia Kamberg
Other goals were reached, such as buying a truck and trailer. The truck came in October, and I completed it last night with the purchase of a really nice 2 horse slant at a great price with a late night road trip to be first in line. Yay for great friends willing to jump in the truck at a moment's notice to haul it home for me. Still sad that my 4runner's gone, it was most definitely my favourite car and I didn't realise how attached I was to it. But I finally have my own trailer, so I'll be happy :) Will post 2016 goals tomorrow, I have one last mile to run! Hope you've all had a wonderful new year, and I'll see you in 2016!
Grand Canyon trip on the way to Zion 100. Credit: Richard Handley (my dad!)


No comments:

Post a Comment