Motivators..

Motivators..
The best training partners come with waggy tails

Monday, November 18, 2013

Ouch!

After a couple of weeks off from running to initially let the chafing heal and a little extra time to rest those nagging posterior shin splints, I kicked back into gear this morning with... hill repeats. I've realised how sore my ankles have been following the repetitive rolling I've subjected them to so think there was additional benefit to resting for a while. There is a very small wilderness park less than a half mile from my house which I usually skip for running since there isn't enough trail to even make a short workout worthwhile, but it dawned on me that it would be perfect for today's effort since I really don't want to drive for such a brief amount of work. The one I thought I would use turned out to be more of a gradual slope than I remembered, so I found a combination of steep incline and uneven rustic 'stairs' just past it. Ouch! I only did five repeats and my quads were burning (definitely need to work on form, as I think I may have been pulling myself forward instead of getting the glutes firing to push myself). Right now definitely feeling the benefit of a short intense workout, and feel good for it. Just ask me again tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment