Motivators..

Motivators..
The best training partners come with waggy tails

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Y-Ow-Eeeee

Rut-ro. I have a problem. Desitin is now my friend :/  For my birthday, J bought me a cute running skort; I've wanted one for a while. I had a feeling there may be a problem with my larger thighs that currently wibble wobble wherever they like. I decided on a four mile run in RG on the loop T and I did on Monday. It's a hilly loop, with both short steep hills and longer sustained hills. We did it in 59mins on Monday, not pushing ourselves and taking a few puppy breaks where necessary, with us we had T's dogs, Ruger (three year old energetic lab) and Tessy (little Jack Russell who thinks she's a big dog). Yesterday I went completely by myself, no puppy protection, and decided I wanted to try out my skirt and new socks, with a goal of beating our Monday time. Success! New skirt makes me feel super fast. But, alas, I was right about the thunder thighs. I can now sympathise with small people who get nappy rash - this really really stings! I can also tell you, that when rummaging in the bathroom for something soothing to put on, aloe gel is not recommended. Logically, I should know this anyway, but now it's confirmed. I could feel the start of the chafe right about half way, so it didn't take long, but I was still as far from the car as I could be with no relief. I pushed on, and managed to knock a good chunk off our time, and chalked it up to additional mental training - am I going to throw away my completion for a few sore spots at Sonoma? Teaching myself to toughen up. The socks worked really well, no hot spots. Will try them again on Saturday's long run to get a better idea. With capris! On the plus side, I didn't fall down :)

No comments:

Post a Comment