Motivators..

Motivators..
The best training partners come with waggy tails

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

T Minus Four Days

It's getting close. I didn't get in my last long run. This makes me sad. But running the 26 did a lot for my confidence. I also looked at the forecast. 81*. This makes me very sad. Our warmest days lately have been low 60s. This coastal-fog-dweller may melt before the end. I figure this will just make me more fluid, and fluids run easily, therefore I will be able to run easy to the end? Right? Ultras are a mental game, this is my positive thinking :)

I've been trying to really focus on what I'm eating this week, trying to keep it as simple as possible, avoiding grains, sugars, and most dairy. I'm also skipping the beer I usually have with/after dinner. Dinner Saturday night will be tricky, not sure what we're doing there. (Also not sure where we're staying yet... should probably figure that out soon.) I'm going to make up some banana bread (grain-free/dairy-free, excuse the chocolate chips) in muffin cases for breakfast since we'll be getting up at about 5am (possibly earlier) but the race doesn't start until 9am. As long as I drink plenty and eat early enough I should be okay with that. Fueling plan is tailwind in my pack, drinking a cup of water at each aid station, and grabbing solid food if something looks delicious. I may also carry some back up s-caps since it's going to be hotter than I'm used to.

Also, in honour of T's first marathon:
A Skyline-to-the-Sea Marathon poem, work boredom at its finest(??) 

No comments:

Post a Comment