Motivators..

Motivators..
The best training partners come with waggy tails

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Accountability Reporting

I ran for the first time post-Big-Basin on Saturday, just a leg tester to see how much I trashed myself. Recovery was slow from this - Do Not Mess Up Fueling! The run was surprisingly good. We'll work on it. Also - is it a good thing or a bad thing to be called a pixie? An older couple were sat down by the waterfall, and the woman pointed at me as I came down the trail and passed them and said "Oh look, it's a pixie". Not too sure how to take that...

Monday begins... the Training Plan. I won't be glued to it, life happens and I certainly have more going on than trying to be an ultra runner. However, I am lucky to have the time to be able to follow a five run per week plan and still have a life and sleep plenty. I've tweaked the days around some to better fit my approximate schedule (it changes weekly), and will shuffle as needed. But each Monday, I plan to review on here how the training is going, if I met my mileage goals, and how progress is looking overall. Monday is 'end of the week' as far as the plan goes, as it calls for Saturday/Sunday back to back long runs, which won't work for me, so everything is bumped back a day. 
Here goes...
So without further delay, here is Week One of my plan:

        Day              Miles           Notes
        [Monday        5]                Strength
        Tuesday         Rest
        Wednesday   6                  Strength
        Thursday       4
        Friday           6                  25 minutes speed work/ Strength
        Saturday       Rest
        Sunday         14
        Monday        5                  Strength
      
'Strength' refers to the one hour weights class I go to three times a week. The speed work won't be an every week thing, and I'll probably change it up a number of ways, since it is one of my least favourite things. (My least favourite things are usually those I'm bad at, and therefore need to do more. Hills anyone? lol)

With my fairly flexible schedule, this will hopefully allow for time with J, pony time, and my job without overtaxing myself. It will peak at around 50 miles per week, and hopefully ready to try a 50 mile run in September. Final decision on that will be based on getting a finish at Salt Point 50k. Third time's the charm, right? 

This is going to be fun :)



1 comment:

  1. I have no idea what a pixie is....good luck on your training. I agree that those things we dread or don't do are what we probably need more of. Intervals and regular strength training definately goes in that category for me.

    ReplyDelete