Motivators..

Motivators..
The best training partners come with waggy tails

Friday, March 28, 2014

Idle Hands

Only two days until the half marathon. With two good trail runs this week, I feel great. A short hike yesterday just down to the waterfall between shifts at work. Today no running, tomorrow driving to San Francisco. We got a hotel in Corte Madera, and will be driving in to meet my dad and S for dinner (they drove down today). My dad is running the half with me - $50 to run six miles really isn't worth it, and it's only $10 to move up. Though you could then argue it's also $10 to move up to the full marathon, but recovery for that in time for the endurance ride the following weekend is pushing it. T is coming to be part of the cheering squad also. Feeling a little restless today with no company, and pouring rain so hanging out in pony's field wouldn't be the best fun. Hence a pointless post to keep me occupied while I dye my hair :) Not sure what else to do with myself on non-riding non-running non-working days...

Blogs without pictures are boring, so here's some from Russian Gulch the other day. We nearly got stumped (sorry..) on our run the other day at Russian Gulch, who knew scrambling was a required trail running skill.
Mushroom Tree
Tree blocking the trail
No way up and around, gnarlier ground than it looks here
No way down and around through the creek
For perspective..

No comments:

Post a Comment