Motivators..

Motivators..
The best training partners come with waggy tails

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

No Backing Out Now..

Our phones/internet have been down for a few days here (downside to being in mostly-nowhere - we have one cable for the villages, so when an accident takes it out we're screwed...) so I haven't got to my follow-up post from Salt Point re what worked well or not, lessons to take away, and recovery. In short, I feel really pretty good. Good enough that this just happened:
I wasn't committing until I had a 50k result (that also didn't feel like a disaster) but this race has been lurking in my mind for a while. And now it's done.

Squeeeee!

(Hotel is booked and crew arranged already, along with concert tickets for that night. Lucky we don't drive home til the next day, and I'm not the driver...)

4 comments:

  1. :o YAY!

    I was just looking at Night Sweats and thinking that I would totally foolishly GO FOR IT if I wasn't going to be like 22 weeks pregnant and have no business whatsoever trying to run 26 miles on cliff trails at night. (I still want to.) Anyway, I shall live vicariously through you! Woo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey if not for the growing-a-human thing that would be an excellent idea. They have two during the year but I think it's in March, which probably still wouldn't work lol

      Delete
  2. Concert tickets? ??? Are you really goibg to a concert post race?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe.. If I don't pass out in the shower lol. It's a small venue so I'll be able to hang out on a barstool with my beer if need be. My driver and his co-conspirator need entertainment for putting up with my running nonsense

    ReplyDelete