Motivators..

Motivators..
The best training partners come with waggy tails

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

2016 Round Up

To properly do a 2016 round up, I should probably link to my 2016 Goals post. That I never got around to writing. Whoopsies. I did make some notes in a draft post with the intention of setting decent goals, and looking forward to going back and checking them off now. I guess it matters less since it was a spectacularly poor year for goal achievement. So what happened?
  1. <7min mile - I have no idea, but I would be very surprised.
  2. <30hr 100miler - Nope. 30:58:xx at Rio Del Lago
  3. 2016 miles - Nope. 1769.9 miles. Closer than the previous year though (Goal 2015, Actual 1519.1)
  4. 4 e-rides - Nope. 1 x 50 (Bugsy at Cache Creek), 1 x LD (on foot, with Jelly Bean), 1 x intro ride (15 miles with Sharif), 1 x 55 (Whiskey at Gold Rush Shuffle)
  5. 80/20 clean eating - Not measurable, but still - Nope. I did great the 1st half of the year though.
  6. one book per week - Nope. I think I finished about 12, which is pitiful.
  7. entire length of beach - Nope. We may have gone to short beach once or twice?
  8. learn to jump - Nope. We had one arena session and practiced a little on trail. He did jump out his stall-rest pen.
  9. trail ride in just neck loop - Yes! Mostly, he was wearing a bridle, but the reins were only in my hand on the road section (safety first), and detached completely after a half mile of control check.
  10. 120 riding days - Nope. 64 rides with Bugsy. Some riding on others, but not enough to add up to 120.
Half my goals were riding related, and since Bugsy took a 4 month hiatus due to his injury streak, many of those got shot down. Before that, we were having a pretty good year. And while I may not have achieved my running goals, there were successes. I set PRs at the half marathon, 50k, 50 mile, and 100 mile distances. I completely forgot to even try the sub-7 mile, and I'm very confident that I didn't hit it during a run that wasn't focused on speed.

Let's hope 2017 is a better year, in many respects!

No comments:

Post a Comment